Thursday, April 4, 2013

Memories of a Shattered Soul

Alone I sit, a song plays, triggering a flood of memories. 
Memories of what once was
Summer winds blowing through an open window. 
A light on. 
Sitting alone waiting for someone to talk to. 
A night sky full of stars. 
A quiet room. 
How could I have fallen for a game? Or was it?  
The lines are blurred between what I thought was real and what reality was. 
How could I have fallen?
Crickets chirp. A dog barks in the distance.
Hello, are you there?
Are you listening?
Or am I all alone in this room?
Mistake after mistake I've made.
Will I ever get it right?
Maybe I'm not supposed to.
The distant rumble of thunder.
A flash in the sky.
The scent of rain in the air.
Has it all been in vain?
Why is it this way?
What have I done to deserve this?
What was so horribly wrong that I have done in this life?
I know memories will haunt me forever.
And with it pieces of a shattered heart remain.
Pieces of a shattered soul.
To never be the same again.
Memories that I will forever cherish.
Memories that I will hold onto forever.
And once in a while they will come flooding back to me.
And the feelings of them will engulf my mind and my soul.
Reminding me of a time that was and will never be again.    

           

No comments:

Post a Comment